Date(s) - 06/21/2014
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hunts Point Riverside Park
The 11th Annual Fish Parade and Summer Festival
June 21, 2013 ~ 10-5PM
Fish Parade Kicks off at Hunts Point Riverside Park (Lafayette Ave & Edgewater St) at 10AM and arrives at Barretto Point Park (Viele Ave and Tiffany St) at 12PM
Summer Festival and Main Stage Showcase all take place at Barretto Point Park (Viele Ave and Tiffany St) from 12-5PM
FREE for all ages
Bx46 bus to Barretto Point Park
2 or 5 train to Longwood Ave to Bx46 bus
6 Train to Longwood Ave to Bx46 bus
Hunts Point Fish Parade
- Grand Marshals leading the parade will be members of the PS 48 Slave Burial Ground Project, honoring their commitment to unearthing important local history.
- Confirmed marchers include the PS 48 Marching Band, Eva’s Kids, the Bronx Reign Dancers, Latinos Unidos Royal Court, GIVE, THE POINT CDC’s Cirque du Monde, Music, WOMEN, ACTION and After School Programs, YOU and more!!!
- Parade route cleanup leading up to the parade courtesy of Million Trees NYC.
- Cash prizes for groups and individuals that best exemplify the theme “Celebrating Youth Power”.
- Special guests all throughout the morning!!!
Hunts Point Summer Festival
Barretto Point Park (Viele Ave and Tiffany St) festivities begin at 12PM and end at 4:45PM. Hunts Point Landing (Food Center Drive off Fulton Fish Market) activities will take place from 12PM to 4:30PM. Main stage showcases and raffles will only take place at Barretto Point Park.
This years FREE action packed festival details include…
- Free shuttle bus throughout the day to and from Barretto Point Park, Hunts Point Landing and other stops courtesy of the Bronx Council of the Arts Cultural Trolley. See below for map showing trolley stops every 30 minutes throughout Hunts Point from 11:45A-4:15PM.
- The American College of Cardiology Cardiosmart Program proudlypresents NY Yankee and Mets legend Dwight “Doc” Gooden signing autographs and greeting fans at their tent from 3-5PM, with free health screenings and blood pressure monitors and other giveaways starting at 12PM
- NYC’s Economic Development Corporation’ Summer Series launching of Hunts Point Landing with waterfront activities by CityScience, NYC Audobon and THE POINT’s Aficionado Arts. See below for more info on Hunts Point Landing.
- Art, technology and sport activities, workshops and resource tabling by The Laundrymat Project, Free Arts NYC, the House of Spoof, Tuck-it-Away Self-Storage, Corbin Hill Farms, the Bronx Reign Dancers, Casita Maria, Eva’s Kids, The Knowledge House, thebronxlogo.com, the Hunts Point Alliance for Children, Raising Women’s Voices NY,, Odyssey House Inc., THE POINT’s WOMEN, Cirque du Monde, Literary Freedom Project, H&R Block and more!
- Hosted by Joahan Suarez (BuildOn) & Earl Skinner (THE POINT CDC)
- Tools of War’s DJ Jazzy Jay & Fabel Pabon spinning classic summer solstice jams all afternoon
- Main stage performances by youth sensations Nene Ali, Dancers Dreamzzz, Project X Dancers, and the Open Hydrant Theater Company
- FREE raffles sponsored by Vista Food Exchange, the American College of Cardiology, Recycle-a-Bicycle, Bronx Beer Hall, CityScience, THE POINT, Mr. Willie Dynamite, Bascom Cateting, THE POINT and more.
- Hunts Point Community Graduation Ceremony honoring our local graduates of all ages!
- Special guests throughout the afternoon!!!
For more info about the 11th Annual Hunts Point Fish Parade and Summer Festival see www.thepoint.org/fishparade or call 718.542.4139.